Skip to main content

I Shall Not Want - That's Resources

 Psalms 23:1-6 - “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.”

            A very key passage of Scripture this year is the Twenty-third Psalm. We must commit this Psalm to memory and use it during our prayer time. One source states, “Psalm 23 is the most well-known, popular, and beloved of all the Psalms. King David, who wrote it, sings of God's protection, guidance, refreshment, abundant blessing, and promise of eternal life to those who love him.”[1]


            Pastor Robert Morris says, “Psalm 23 is one of the most famous and quoted Psalms in the Bible. It’s also one of the most widely memorized and beloved passages of Scripture. Psalms 23:1 reads, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” When we read the words of this beautiful expressive Psalm, it is personal. It speaks to us of the relationship that is available to us through our Great Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ.


            Verse 1 continues, “I shall not want.” The New Living Translation reads, “I have all I need.” This is a powerful promise in times of economic uncertainty and upheaval.  “I have all I need.” Ephesians 1:3 says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” We need to declare by faith, “I have all I need.” Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”


            Jesus, our Great Shepherd, is our source and supply. He is all we need.  Psalms 34:10 says, “The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” We can be assured our Great Shepherd loves us and has everything we need.  



[1] Retrieved from the internet, 1/23/23, https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/23.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rebuilding the Broken Altar of Prayer

In Matthew 21: 12-13 , “ Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’” Jesus made this declaration, “My house shall be called a house of prayer!”  I believe that God is calling us back to the altar of prayer.  For several weeks the Lord has dealt with me about rebuilding the broken altar of prayer in our personal and corporate lives.  If we are going to see spiritual breakthrough in our churches and communities then we must rebuild and return to the altar of prayer. Wayman Rogers writes, “The ministry of prayer is the most important of all ministries in the church.  Prayer creates the atmosphere and binds the powers of darkness so the gospel of Jesus can go forward and the church can prosper.  This is the area that

The Shout of a King is Among Them

Numbers 23:21 - “He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, Nor has He seen wickedness in Israel. The Lord his God  is  with him, And the shout of a King  is  among them.” In this passage of Scripture, the king of Moab had hired the prophet Balaam to speak a curse over the children of Israel.   He saw Israel as a threat to his kingdom.   Numbers 22:2-3 – “Now Balak the son of Zippor saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites. And Moab was exceedingly afraid of the people because they were many, and Moab was sick with dread because of the children of Israel.” When the enemy sees the people of God rising up in faith, he becomes very concerned and moves to keep us from fulfilling our assignment.   We learn in Numbers, Balaam could only speak what the Lord gave him to speak.   Instead of a curse he speaks a blessing. The enemy seeks our destruction, but God!   Listen to the conversation between God and Satan in Job 1:8-10, “Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you conside

I Hear the Sound of Abundance of Rain

I Hear the Sound of Abundance of Rain 1 Kings 18:41-46 Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.”  42  So Ahab went up to eat and drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; then he bowed down on the ground, and put his face between his knees,  43  and said to his servant, “Go up now, look toward the sea.” So he went up and looked, and said, “There is nothing.” And seven times he said, “Go again.” 44  Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, “There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea!” So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, ‘Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you.’” 45  Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain. So Ahab rode away and went to Jezreel.  46  Then the hand of the Lord came upon Elijah; and he girded up his loins and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.        One of the most fasci